Times for this event are in CAT.
Room: MVUU (for quick-fire session)
Room: NJOBVU (for onsite poster viewing session)
On ANH Academy Spatial room (for online poster viewing session)
This session is in two halves of 30 minutes each. In the Quick-fire session, presenters will have one minute each to present their studies on wide-ranging topics. Their presentation will provide viewers with a snapshot of research that has recently been conducted at the nexus of agriculture, food systems, nutrition and health. In the Poster Viewing Session, attendees will have 30 minutes to visit and discuss any (or many) presenters' posters either on Spatial (online) or at Bingu International Convention Centre (in-person).
Please vote for your favourite poster until 15:30 of 30 June. The voting form can be found here!
Please click on "Abstract" to see the abstract of their research. Posters will be available in "View Poster" in June.
28. Conflict Exposure And Food Consumption Pathways During And After Conflict: Evidence From Northern Uganda |ANNET ADONG, Center for Development Research, University of Bonn and Makerere University | View Poster
29. The Effects Of Remittances On Household Food Nutrition In The Occurrence Of Multiple Shocks In Malawi | David Zingwe, University of Malawi | View Poster
30. How Does Transport Costs Affect Price Dispersion Of Nutrient-Dense Foods Across Markets In Rural Malawi? | Stevier Kaiyatsa, The University of Sheffield | View Poster
31. Impact Of Insurgency And Banditry On Food Insecurity, Farmers' Income, Households' Diet And Nutritional Status In Northeast Nigeria | Usman Ibrahim, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria | View Poster
32. Poster cancelled.
33. Links Between Household Agricultural Production Diversity, Food Price Volatility And Household Food Security: Evidence From Malawi | Mrignyani Sehgal, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign | View Poster
34. Household-Level Coverage Of Iron-Biofortified Beans In The Northern Province Of Rwanda | Theogene Dusingizimana, University of Rwanda | View Poster
35. Poster cancelled.
36. An Agricultural Livelihood Intervention During Pregnancy Is Feasible And Reduces Food Insecurity | Craig R. Cohen, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA | View Poster
37. Contribution Of Foods Produced At Home Vs. Purchased To Adult And Child Dietary Diversity And Child Nutrient Intakes: Results From The Effects Trial | Savannah OMalley, Purdue University | View Poster
38. Agri-Food Companies Reaching Lower-Income Populations With Nutritious Foods: What'S Been Tried, And What Actually Works? | Stella Nordhagen, Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition | View Poster
39. Food Product Development As Tool For Transformation Of Diets For Improved Nutrition: A Case Of Fish Enriched Complementary Foods In Malawi | Tinna Ng'ong'ola-Manani, Department of Food Science & Technology, Lilongwe University of Agriculture & Natural Resources, Malawi | View Poster
40. Does Empowerment With A Single Food Resource Cushion Rural Women Of Reproductive Age From Increased Risks Of Inadequate Nutrient Intakes In Times Of Limited Food Availability? | Zione Kalumikiza Chikumbu, Department of Public Health, Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS) | View Poster
42. Psychological Predictors Of High-Iron Beans Consumption Behaviour In Tanzania: Applying Theory Of Planned Behaviour (TPB) And Health Belief Model (HBM) | Eward Mushi, University of Dar es Salaam | View Poster
43. A Food Systems Approach To Understanding And Supporting The Contributions Of Small Pelagic Fish To Human Diets In Salima, Malawi | Lizzie Saka, University of Greenwich | View Poster
44. Eating Away From Home In Vietnam And Burkina Faso: Navigating A Changing Food Environment In Emerging Countries | Elodie Maitre D'Hotel, CIRAD | View Poster
45. Social, Behavioral And Food Environmental Determinants Of Obesity In School Children: Evidence From A Mixed Methods Study In India | Panchali Moitra, Sir Vithaldas Thackersey College Of Home Science, SNDT Women's University | View Poster
46. A Photovoice Study On Healthy Diets And Mabisi Consumption In Adults From Southern And Eastern Zambia | Taonga Chirwa-Moonga, Wageningen University and Research and University of Zambia | View Poster
47. The Role Of Social Media In The Food System: Influence On Adolescent Mental Health And Obesity | Laurence Blanchard, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine | View Poster
48. An Assessment Of Food System Measures For Healthy, Inclusive And Sustainable Transformations In India | Prantika Das, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad | View Poster
49. Evaluating Nutritional Outcomes And Environmental Impacts Of Food And Nutrition Systems Using Interdisciplinary Methods | Stephanie Horn, University of Stirling
51. A Raindrop Never Feels Responsible For The Flood: Revisiting The Empirical Relationship Between Climate Shocks And Food Security | Joshua Kafotokoza, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations | View Poster
52. Estimating Current Cambodian Diets And A Comparison To The Planetary Health Diet | Lais Miachon, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University | View Poster
53. Assessment Of The Food And Nutrient Intake, Dietary Quality And Quantity And The Impact Of Increasing Pulse Consumption (Such As Faba Bean) Of The UK Population On Health And Environmental Outcomes Using The NDNS Database | Yankho Kaimila, University of Reading | View Poster
54. Food Environment Toolkit To Inform Consumer-Driven Food Market System Programming For Better Maternal And Child Nutrition: Learning From A Practical Application In Rural Lilongwe District, Malawi | Beverly Laher, Kamuzu University of Health Sciences | View Poster
Check out our ANH2023 communications toolkit media toolkit for useful Twitter handles, graphics and other materials.