Times for this event are in CAT.
The ANH Academy Political Economy of Agri-Nutrition Working Group present a plenary Learning Lab foregrounding power as a key lens through which to understand agri-food systems, the structuring of food environments and resulting nutrition outcomes.
The session will introduce participants to key examples of conceptual and methodological tools used in the political economy analysis of agriculture and food, highlighting how these can be deployed and adapted to explore power dynamics that may impact nutrition.
The session will incorporate feminist political economy and ecology thinking, highlighting what unintended consequences might emerge if power relations are not adequately understood and taken into account in research, programming and policy.
- Adwoa Yeboah Gyapong, Research Fellow, Centre for Social Policy Studies, University of Ghana
- Busiso Moyo, Researcher on the Right to Food, University of Western Cape
- Sara Stevano, Senior Lecturer in Economics, SOAS, University of London
- Siera Vercillo, Postdoctoral Fellow of Development and Environmental Studies, University of Waterloo
- Scott Drimie, Director, Southern Africa Food Lab & Adjunct Professor, University of Stellenbosch
Check out our ANH2023 communications toolkit media toolkit for useful Twitter handles, graphics and other materials.