Times are in CAT (GMT+2)
This session will provide a brief description of the Integrated Food Security Phase Classification (IPC) and its form in Malawi. The side event will start with an open discussion and in-depth analysis of the Malawian experience of working in a multi-stakeholder process to reach consensus and submit an analysis about acute and chronic food insecurity so as to inform humanitarian actors and the government in terms of response. The session will then close with reflections on a recent IPC thematic report that compares results over time. This report will be made available during the session.
- Integrated Food Security Phase Classification (IPC)
- Ministry of Economic Planning and Development
- Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET)
- Malawi Vulnerability Assessment Committee (MVAC)
- Scott Drimie, (IPC)
- Venancio Mzonda (Ministry of Economic Planning and Development)
- Imran Nedi, (Famine Early Warning Systems Network)
- Kudzayi Kariri, (Regional Coordinator for Southern Africa, IPC Global Support Unit -IPC GSU)
Check out our ANH2023 communications toolkit media toolkit for useful Twitter handles, graphics and other materials.