Times are in CAT (GMT+2)
Anaemia remains a major public health concern with many causes and risk factors. Understanding the aetiologies of anaemia in a population is essential for designing and implementing successful control and prevention programs. This session will review the determinants of anaemia, as well as methods to assess the attributable fraction of anaemia within a population. When looking at biomarkers of iron status, it is also important to adjust for inflammation to improve the accuracy of the data. A newly released R package and SAS macro will be covered to allow participants to bring their own data or use sample data.
Participants will learn about:
- The multifactorial causes of anaemia
- How to adjust for inflammation using the BRINDA method
- How to assess the attributable fraction of anaemia within a population.
- UC Davis
- Emory University
- Micronutrient Forum
- Sonja Hess (UC Davis and Micronutrient Forum)
- Yi-An Ko (Emory University)
- Hanqi Luo (Emory University)
- Melissa Young (Emory University)
- Megan Bourassa (Micronutrient Forum)