Help ANH to develop open access, adaptable teaching materials! And learn about key issues around Climate Change, Environment and Sustainability in the process!
Join us for an introductory seminar on agriculture, nutrition and health linkages, the fourth of five topic-based sessions under the Curriculum Enrichment Teaching Materials Pilot Seminar series.
We invite students, educators and curriculum planners to participate in this series which will showcase for the first time the provisional teaching materials developed in response to articulated demand from the ANH Academy global community.
The pilot sessions are intended to provide an opportunity for potential end users to learn about the topics and to give valuable feedback which will be used to further refine the materials before they are made fully open access and adaptable for different contexts around the world.
Session structure (2 hours)
- Short overview of the ANH Academy Curriculum Enrichment initiative (10 mins)
- Interactive seminar (up to 90 mins)
- Structured feedback discussion (20 mins)
At the end of the session, participants will also be sent an electronic survey where further feedback can be provided.
These webinars will not be recorded, to encourage optimal interaction and feedback.
Francesca Harris, Freelance
Intended learning outcomes:
- Explain how humans have driven climate and other environmental changes, with a particular focus on the ways in which the food system has an impact on the environment.
- Provide an overview of how the environment, food systems and nutrition are connected, with a particular focus on the specific pathways that climate change could affect food and nutrition security through its impact on each element of the food system.
- Identify and critically debate mitigation and adaption strategies for climate change that are using the food system, considering their co-benefits and trade-offs on nutrition-related health or other societal factors.
Curriculum Enrichment webinar series
This webinar is part of the Curriculum Enrichment Teaching Materials Pilot Seminar series which takes place weekly throughout November 2022 - January 2023.