In 2016, the Government of Andhra Pradesh (AP) passed a pioneering government order known as AP Community-managed Natural Farming (APCNF). APCNF is implemented through Rythu Sadhikara Samstha (RySS) part of the government of AP. It is the world’s largest chemical-free agroecology and regenerative agriculture programme, aiming to transform all 6 million farming families in AP into natural farming practitioners on their 8 million hectares of land by 2030.
Our speakers will share their experience with this government-implemented sustainable agriculture programme and national activities relating to building market awareness and demand for organic products. Lessons for the UK and other countries will be discussed.
- Sri T. Vijay Kumar, IAS (Rtd) Ex-Officio Special Chief Secretary to Government of Andhra Pradesh for Agriculture & Cooperation and Executive Vice Chairman of Rythu Sadhikara Samstha (farmers’ empowerment organisation)
- Women farmers participating in the programme
- Mr Minhaj Ameen (Min), Anchor Secretariat, National Coalition for Natural Farming India
- Prof Jo Smith, Personal Chair, The School of Biological Sciences, University of Aberdeen.
- Ms Helen Browning, OBE, DL, Chief Executive of the Soil Association
- Dr Poornima Prabhakaran, PhD, Head, Environmental Health and Deputy Director, Centre for Environmental Health, Public Health Foundation of India
- Dr Lindsay Jaacks, PhD, UKRI Future Leaders Fellow, Global Academy of Agriculture and Food Security, The University of Edinburgh
For those attending in-person: seating will be arranged with social distancing, please wear a face mask while moving around the building (unless you are exempt for medical or other approved reasons) and respect other people’s space.
This event is part of the 12-day event series, Recipes for Resilience, hosted by Nourish Scotland. Learn more here.
Due to covid capacity — you must have a ticket to attend in-person events
For Day-Of Livestream: go to the Nourish youtube channel
Masks required indoors at all times (unless eating or drinking).
Track and trace : Everyone must check in with track and trace upon arrival
Do not attend this event if:
- You have symptoms of Covid-19 (a high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) even if they are mild
- You have tested positive using a lateral flow test - even if you have no symptoms
- Someone you live with has Covid-19
- Someone you’ve been in contact with has Covid-19 and you are awaiting results of PCR test
- Someone you’ve been in contact have themselves been in contact with a person who has Covid-19 – until your contact received a negative PCR test result. If the person you’ve been in contact with receives a positive result, await the result of your own PCR test.