Help ANH to develop open access, adaptable teaching materials! And learn about One Health in the process!
Join us for an introductory seminar on agriculture, nutrition and health linkages, the third of five topic-based sessions under the Curriculum Enrichment Teaching Materials Pilot Seminar series.
We invite students, educators and curriculum planners to participate in this series which will showcase for the first time the provisional teaching materials developed in response to articulated demand from the ANH Academy global community.
The pilot sessions are intended to provide an opportunity for potential end users to learn about the topics and to give valuable feedback which will be used to further refine the materials before they are made fully open access and adaptable for different contexts around the world.
Session structure (2 hours)
- Short overview of the ANH Academy Curriculum Enrichment initiative (10 mins)
- Interactive seminar (up to 90 mins)
- Structured feedback discussion (20 mins)
At the end of the session, participants will also be sent an electronic survey where further feedback can be provided.
These webinars will not be recorded, to encourage optimal interaction and feedback.
Kevin Queenan, Royal Veterinary College, and Emma Walton, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Intended learning outcomes:
- Understand One Health's history in science and policy and it's precedent in and reliance upon Indigenous knowledge and practices
- Recognise One Health as a systems thinking approach to achieving integrated health
- Identify the key competencies and disciplines necessary for adopting and implementing a One Health approach
- Critically debate key food systems issues through a One Health lens
Curriculum Enrichment webinar series
This webinar is part of the Curriculum Enrichment Teaching Materials Pilot Seminar series which takes place weekly throughout November 2022 - January 2023.