Fellowships Round 6
- Deadline for the full proposal is 1 February 2021. Applicants can now submit their full proposals using our application portal here. Applications will be reviewed in February and March, and all candidates will be notified of their selection status by 16 April 2021. To be considered for the programme, all applicants must submit a Full Application. Applicants should not expect to receive feedback on their Full Application prior to notification of selection. Details are available in the Call for Applications.
Please visit our application portal to submit your proposal: https://bit.ly/IMMANASubmit
- Call for Applications, including Frequently Asked Questions
- Recording of our first informational webinar about IMMANA Fellowships and the application process (slides from the IMMANA team's presentation can be found here)
- Contact us (please read the Call for Applications and Frequently Asked Questions first)
- Click here for the application portal
About IMMANA Fellowships Round 6
Career development Fellowships on Innovative Methods and Metrics for Agriculture and Nutrition Actions (IMMANA Fellowships) aim to create a cadre of emerging leaders in agriculture, nutrition, and health research.
This workstream of the IMMANA programme is led by the Gerald J. and Dorothy R. Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University. It consists of annual rounds of 6 Fellowships each year. The application portal is open for the sixth round of funding.
In each annual round, IMMANA will award six 12-month post-doctoral Fellowships to emerging leaders who are applying and/or validating new methodological approaches with mentors in ongoing research programmes in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). The Fellowship includes a research stipend, a travel allowance, and an honorarium for each of the mentors.
Eligible candidates have completed a doctoral degree in any field related to agriculture, nutrition or health research and practice.
Fellows conduct their research in Africa or Asia under the joint supervision of two mentors, one from the applicant’s current or previous employer or academic institution, and one from a host institution where the applicant proposes to advance their work.
Fellows are selected through a competitive process by the Independent Panel of Experts. The review process is also overseen by the IMMANA Steering Committee, comprised of members from FCDO, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, UKRI, USAID and CGIAR’s A4NH programme.
- Concept notes must be submitted by 31 December 2020. Applicants are welcome and encouraged to submit a concept note to confirm eligibility and receive valuable feedback, however it is not required in order to submit a full proposal. Feedback on concept notes will be provided on a rolling basis and no later than 15 January 2021.
- Full proposals must be submitted by 1 February 2021.
- Selected applicants will be notified no later than 16 April 2021.
- Fellows begin their Fellowships between 1 June and 1 December 2021.
The IMMANA Fellowships team held two informational webinars for IMMANA Fellowships Round 6 Call for Applications:
- 30 October 2020 - a recording can be found below, the transcript can be found here and slides from the IMMANA team's presentation can be found here.
- 30 November 2020 - a recording and transcript can be found here and slides from the IMMANA team's presentation can be found here.