The fourth module of this series, Climate Change, Environment & Sustainability provides an introduction to climate change and the environment, and linkages to agriculture, nutrition and health. By the end of this session, a successful student should:
- Explain how humans have driven climate and other environmental changes, with a particular focus on the ways in which the food system has an impact on the environment.
- Provide an overview of how the environment, food systems and nutrition are connected, with a particular focus on the specific pathways that climate change could affect food and nutrition security through its impact on each element of the food system.
- Identify and critically debate mitigation and adaption strategies for climate change that are using the food system, considering their co-benefits and trade-offs on nutrition-related health or other societal factors.
The materials provided are not intended to be used as is, but are meant to be adapted to your context and your students.
- Climate & Environment PPT
- Climate & Environment Session Plan
- Climate & Environment - Glossary
- Climate & Environment - Breakout Activity
- Pre-session Guidance: Planning your interdisciplinary learning session
Materials last edited: Nov 2023
If you have adapted these materials and would like to share your version with others, or have any feedback on our lesson plan, please contact [email protected]